Stay Safe at Home


House fires are caused by a number of factors both inside and outside the home. Heaters, Chimneys, electric blankets and clothes dryers can become a fire risk, especially if they have been sitting unused for a period of time.

 

 

 

  • Book a licensed gas-fitter to check your gas heater
  • Check chimneys, flues and fire boxes for cracks, rust and debris
  • Check electric blankets for kinks in the wiring
  • Clean the lint filter in your clothes dryer (and continue to do this after each use)
  • Check appliances regularly for visibly frayed or damaged wiring
  • Complete the Home Fire Safety Checklist to see if you have done everything you can to protect you and your family.

 

For more information on fire safety around the home, please visit the CFA website or the Victorian Government Home Fire Safety website.